Last week one of our startups, Moment.Us, held a private testing session at TechHub Manchester. Fueled by pizza, music, and the chance to play with new technology, the testers scrutinised every aspect of the app and wrote all their thoughts down. These types of events are crucial to a startups growth, and so it's always worthwhile to reflect back on how it went, what was learnt, and what to do next time. Over to Ioana Craescu, the Marketing & Comms Lead, to tell us how it went.
"Recently we had our second Private Beta testing session for the Moment.Us music app at our lovely office at TechHub Manchester. We’d like to thank again everyone for attending the session! The things that we loved the most were not only your enthusiasm and curiosity to play with the app, but also that this lead to great questions and great conversations.
The highlights of the afternoon:
- We had some time before we started the testing session to chat a bit with Bernardo, Niyati, Karen, Katie, Haider, Carys and Adam. Hope you guys will also keep us updated with your projects!
- We made a bit of noise in the office, but this is one thing that we love about TechHub – creative environment all the way!
- The Moment.Us team all wore for the first time the white t-shirts Fiafo made for us (thanks guys!)
- It was lovely to see Max, Vlad and Toni so relaxed, confident and communicative!!
- On the same note, the members of the Moment.Us team who talk a lot (who could that be?) welcome Max into the gang! Don’t ever interrupt your flow.
- We were happy to have David online from Toronto, even if he was conditioned by where we would take the flat screen to
- Thanks everyone for trying to be as critique as possible – we need the things that you don’t like the same way we need the ones that you love!
- Thanks for being patient to go through some steps more than once
- Thanks for putting down on paper every detail that you found relevant (yes, Katie, even wondering if it’s your finger or our app). You’d be surprised to know how helpful that can prove to be!
- We appreciate that everyone asked us questions whenever they felt we could help with more information
- Thanks for feeling confident to share any idea about what features you’d like to see build in future versions (like radio stations from World War II – crazy, but neat!)
If you’ve enjoyed it, come again! You’re always welcome to stop by TechHub or drop us on email for a coffee downtown. And don’t forget to tell us that on Twitter or on our Moment.Us Facebook page with a Like, comment, share or however you feel more comfortable expressing it.
Soon enough we won’t be talking about testing sessions, guys! You’ll be able to download the app yourselves and your friends and, wow.. isn’t that exciting!? Don’t forget to Subscribe to our mailing list (you’ll find the form at the bottom of our website) to be the first who finds out when we release more exciting stuff.
Keep in touch
You can see the original Moment.Us post and lots more on their blog, here.